Exciting news AND great news ahead!
I still can't believe it myself, but our game TRI won an award just yesterday. So it's now officially the Best Youth Game according to the German Computer Game Award 2015! The award in this category comes with a prize money of around 50,000 Euros - which hopefully helps us to finance our next project.
\o/ CELEBRATION \o/
Dear judges of the Computerspielpreis: thank you very much for this honor. And also a big thanks to all the congratulators!
Onwards to the other news. We took the time to update TRI. The latest release "PythagoreanBeauty" mainly contains a few minor bug-fixes and changes to the game which hopefully improve the overall experience. Some of the levels improvements and additions are:
- Added an object force field in "Glimpse of Light" to prevent players getting stuck (minor fix)
- Added some stepping stones to "A Temple on the Mountain"
- Added a force field wall to "Overcoming Limitations" to prevent players from getting stuck without the wall-walk TRI (minor fix)
- Replaced a few of the deadly light rays with less deadly light rays (orange color) to make them easier
- Added a lever for a gate in front of an idol in "Out of the Box"
- Added minor visual hints in "The Foxes' Playground", "Glimpse of Light" and "Red Means Dangerous"
- Changed bottom puzzle in "Glimpse of Light" a bit to prevent glitches
A partial list of bugs removed:
- Fixed a rare, scale related bug with the elevator in "Wings in the Void"
- Fixed Monk not talking anymore after collecting the first TRI when moving away from him (minor fix)
- Fixed subtitles not being shown anymore after pressing Escape
- Fixed end statistics (played chapters and such)
- Fixed a bug which caused resetting the statistics when restarting a level
- Fixed a minor bug in "Out of Space and Time" by replacing an invisible triangle-destroying box with a visible one
- Fixed an idol in "Wings in the Void" (regression from v1.0.1), should count now for the bonus content when collected again
Other changes include:
- Improved black border and skip button for cutscenes
- Added option to deactivate the voice of the Monk
- Added a text in pause menu screen indicating how many chapters were played in the current playthrough
- Changed auto-statify (of current triangle) slightly - moving the current corner beneath the player won't make the triangle immediately static anymore (min distance is 1m)
A complete list can be found in the Steam announcement. We tried to listen to what players said in the forums and via mail as much as we could, and especially the less deadly light rays might be very welcome to some of our players! Sadly, some things reported we didn't fix because we just could not reproduce the behaviour. So, in case you found a bug, it would be great if you could send a relevant save game and the last log to us, together with a description of the bug. (The Steam announcements also contains the folders where to find the save games and the log file.)
Last but not least, if you happen to attend the Lange Nacht der Computerspiele in Leipzig this Saturday - Friedrich will be there from 3:00pm, interviewed by the famous René Meyer for 20 minutes.